This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Knowledge on coding a must here?

Hi,

Do we need to have knowledge on coding in order to build websites here? In the past, the websites that i have built before are through using software like frontpage and dreamweaver and ediiting was done on the page itself. I know nothing about editing the pages using codes. I have tried to learn them but really seem hard to pick up.

Will i have problem uploading my websites if editing is done on the pages itself?

Re: Knowledge on coding a must here?

you are welcome to use frontpage and or dreamweaver as they have visual editors and more

but you still need to know coding as well too because something may not look right on your page and more so knowing the coding problem will help and more too.

I know these editors generate the coding for you already as you are placing things on the site and more but as said need to know some things with coding and more with the editors and more as well in case anything ever looks out of place with your site it can usually be fixed by editing something in the html coding for your webpage.

Ok

Is there any book/website that teaches people like me to pick up the coding knowledge more easily and quickly?

Re: Re: Knowledge on coding a must here?

Well, try searching google for something like "basic HTML tutorial". You'll get tons of reasults, one of the top ones is likely to be good for you

This is the best site I have found so far for basic HTML, PERL, CSS etc learning. IT has examples that you can edit, and a really easy system for testing CSS or HTML in a window, and you click a button and it displays what it looks like. I used this to learn CSS, and I learned the basics in a day.

www.w3schools.com

I recommend you learn HTML first, and then learn CSS, as it will save you tons of time.

Browser: the_ferg_dude@hotmail.com

you can upload edited pages using any ftp software or using file manager.

Though coding knowledge may not be a must to build sites, it is very helpful.

Well if you post in this forum people will assume that you want coding advice not "click this button" type instructions for the Website Wizard.

You can create a site without understanding html like you can drive a car without understanding how to check the tyres. No problem until you get a flat.