This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Frames not loading?

I have set up index.htm to use frames. It loads right on my computer and even when I go into the bravenet visual editor I can see it but it will NOT load at campmountain.bravehost.net/index.htm and it IS there. Does bravenet not support frames or what? Please help!

Re: Frames not loading?

the correct url to your site is...
http://campmountain.bravehost.com/
(not NET on the end)

i cant find anything on the bravenet site saying that frames are not supported on the free hosting, but when it comes down to it, advertisements will be inserted into each and every webpage (frames would be a combination of 2 or more webpages at one time). given that... if an advertisement script is inserted into a frameset page, the inserted body tag before the frameset tag would probably nullify the frame setup and kill the creation of the frames. at least... that would be my guess.

end result, try opening a support ticket to get a true answer from bravenet on the ability of frames on a free hosted site.

Re: Re: Frames not loading?

Last time I looked Bravenet explicitly stated that frames were not supported.

There are two reasons for this.
1. Every frame gets an ad which just makes your site look like sh*t.

2. The way in which the ads are inserted means that if you are too lazy to create a noframes section nothing will display at all.

Re: Frames not loading?

I remember Courtnie saying one time as well when posting in the forum that frames were NOT SUPPORTED with the free hosting/subdomain

so you have to upgrade your hosting if you want to use frames