This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I published it but can't get it on the internet or my friends can't find it!

I did everything they said but can't find my site on the internet. My friends can't find it either!

Re: I published it but can't get it on the internet or my friends can't find it!

Check the spelling of your URL

Re: I published it but can't get it on the internet or my friends can't find it!

If a few of your friends are able to find your site, in a few days it is likely to be shut down for a month because you will have exhausted your bandwidth (data transfer).

Some of your images are way too huge for the web.

For example, what looks like a thumbnail image on your home page is actually almost 2 MB!

http://moonflowercandles.bravehost.com/myPictures/candle%20pics%20020.jpg

A jpg image that size (displayed as 132x125 on your page, but actually 2288x1712!) should be only about 5 KB.

You need to use an image editor -- download and use Irfanview, if you don't have anything suitable -- to resize each image to the proper dimensions, and use JPG Compression for jpgs to reduce the file size without affecting the image quality for web viewing, before you upload it and use it on your site.

Re: Re: I published it but can't get it on the internet or my friends can't find it!

and the other two are well over half a meg each.

Your site was downloading at a speed that I would normally associate with a dial up connection.