This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Error Messages - Where's the Editor?

I've signed up for this service to test it first to determine whether or not it's worth getting the big package. I really find it limiting and I can't even find the links for editing HTML or using the password protect service.

When I try to go to the Visual Editor I get the following:

The Bravenet FTP server is not available at this time. Please try again later. (Authentication Failed for medusa ID: )

Re: Error Messages - Where's the Editor?

if you tried the ftp applet that doesn't work all the time

password protect you are protecting a page so you put code on your site and for those that have the login info will go to the page you want protected.

to put html on your page it depends on what editor you are using

that's the one thing if you are using the bravenet editors that you are limited.

so if you know html use your own html program gives you more freedom of designing your page the way you want it to be no matter where you get the free site or even decide to purchase a domain and hosting

Great work around, how do we resolve the issue?

You were not given a work around you were given the best practice solution.

Plus you posted in a topic that is 2 and a half years old

So if YOU have a specific problem to today's world why not start your own thread

Or troll around elsewhere

Peter,

User specifies a specific problem, and the response does not resolve this specific issue, albiet best practice.

Suzie,

Is very relavant to this topic why start another? afterall this is still found when you google for the specific error message.

Neil,

I don't have any problem with bringing up old postings if they are relevant, and if you provide some information. Which issue are you trying to resolve? Are you having trouble finding the editors, using the password system, or are you getting the same error message when you use the editor?

The authentication issue hasn't popped up in the forums for some time. It use to be prominent, but I assumed that they have taken care of the issue. But if that's your issue, then I guess they haven't. Now, as well as then, the only real answer is to open a ticket with Bravenet. They are the ones generating the error message.

If the issue is with editing off-line, try the web pages I link to in this post. It discusses some of the issues with using templates and provides links to some free web page editors. I used HTML-Kit to create those pages, and many more, but not everyone like to design directly in HTML.

If the issue is something else, please elaborate a little bit more, and maybe someone can help.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Philo,

As per 'Send Documents' original message, (nice name by the way).

This is when you go to editor within bravenet.

I recieve the same error message and if you google it you will see that alot of users have in the past. Could not find any resolution information on this. Opened a support ticket a long while bravenet are still trying to get to the bottom of it. Seems to be a browser based issue, chrome sometimes works, firefox always seem to so just stuck with that.

So for anyone else having these issue you may have to route out any issues with the browser you are using. With chrome I made sure cookies were enabled, tried security at all different levels with no joy.

However if anyone is still getting this error, post what browser you are using and some of the settings, this maybe of some help.