This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Frame Src not working

I have been working on a page on my desktop. I tried to move it to this web host and I cannot get the framce src to work. The pages linked to work, but the index page will not load. I am not sure of the path to the htm files. I think it is
web/(my page addy)/page.htm
but that does not load anything.
Any help people??

Re: Frame Src not working

You saw the field that said "Website URL" and decided to put some nonsense there? Are your question one you seriously want answered, or are you just having fun?

Just in case the former is true: No, the word "web" is definitely not part of it. Unless you complicate things by adding subdirectories just filename should do. If the page does not work, it is probably because you made some mistake.

You refer to "this webhost", so maybe you meant to post on the webhosting forum, which deals with sites hosted at Bravehost. In which case it might be worth mentioning that if you have a free Bravehost site, the frames won't show up unless you have a noframes section in the frameset. And when you fix that, advertising in each and every frame will probably make you regret it.

Re: Frame Src not working

Thanks. I did not know that without the noframes portion that the page would not load. It was a serious question. I am self taught and hard headed. I use Notepad to do my text editing when I have about 5 programs that would do the work for me.

Thank you again and I will try that advice.