This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Side Bar/Menu

Hi

Is there an "easy" way to change the colour(s) on a Side Bar/Menu. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: Side Bar/Menu

With changes in html standards over the years there are now several different ways in which it could have been set up.

I guess you are using a template. What you change will depend on how the template was designed. The instructions for an old fashioned one using a table to define the layout would be totally different from a modern one using a separate stylesheet file.

We really need to have a link to the page in question. It would also help if you told us what editor you were using to build your site.

I also need "easy" visual way to add the side bar menu to my "links" page. I am expending and organizing information there and wish to use width of the page instead just vertically expending table.
please help.
thank you
Irina

Browser: firefox

As much as I hate to sound like the "OLD" Peter, you have really not given enough information for us to be helpful with.

The second person to respond, there are several ways to help you, but in the time that I have to stay focused, which in my aged condition is not long, I could help you better one on one.

I hope you all get the help you need, even if from someone other than on these forums.

Browser: FireFox

irina,

It would have been better if you started your own thread. The post you are responding to is almost 3 years old.

If you put the string "dropdown menu" in a Google search and start looking through the offerings. But getting code for a sidebar menu may be the least of your problems. It looks like you using MS Word to create your pages. While that works fine for you right now, trying to add some kind of sidebar menu would be a problem with MS Word. Most of the menu systems available are either Javascript or CSS driven. Trying to insert HTML, CSS, and Javascript code into a MS Word creation is problematic.

I'm really not clear on what your looking for. Are you trying to use a sidebar menu to change the content of a frame? Or do you just want it for switching to different pages of information? Maybe a little more information might help us suggest something.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....