This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Marvin - please answer this.

Marvin,
Hello! Thanks for your earlier help! One question, on Jan. 1st of 2006 at this post: http://pub28.bravenet.com/forum/2385378114/show/645850 You stated that your form receipents would receive emails (I assume junk/spam?) - do you mean if we use the bravenet forms that our submitters would receive spam mail from these forms? I'm confused and HOPE I misread this!! Please let me know!

Also, could you address the replyto code? I'm not sure where to place it in my forms body.

Thanks!
rhs77reunion

Re: Marvin - please answer this.

First, please get my name correct.

I reread that post several times, but I can't figure out where you picked up that statement. Visitors that fill out your form receive nothing, unless (1) you have set up the email form autoresponder and (2) they actually enter a valid email address.

Most email forms ask for a visitors email address, somewhere on their form. If that field is named "replyemail", the AutoResponder, available in the email forms service manager, can be used to return a message to the visitor that filled out the form. This, of course, depends on the visitor entering a valid email address in that field. The returned message is usually short and is just to let the visitor know that their information has been posted.

Other than that, no one gets any extra emails.

What don't you understand about the code? Placement is simple. It must be somewhere between the

and
tags. Anything outside of these tags is not considered part of the form and ignored. Usually the "replyemail" field is the same field that your asking the visitor their email address. Something like:

Please Enter Your E-mail Address?

Is that what you needed to know?

Re: MarTin - please answer this.

First off, please accept my apologies. It was an error in typing, blame in on eyeglasses. Bi-focals can distort words if you don't have them postitioned just right.

Thanks for the tip here, I'll try it out. When I placed it just anywhere in my form, it didn't work. I'll retry it. Sorry to bother you and sorry if I read something "more" into your eariler post.

Have a blessed day!
rhs77reunion