This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Table?

How can I make a table so I can put pictures in the cells? Any help would be great

Thanks
Selena

Browser: Tibgirlon03,4

Re: Table?

just put the IMG tag between the TD and /TD tags of the cell.

Re: Re: Table?

I dont think I understand, Sorry its still all new to me. If someone could send me and IM and walk me through it that would be great.

Yahoo ID: Tibgirlon03
AIM ID: Sunfire20034u2nv@aol.com

Hugs
Selena

The following code:

should result in this:

Please note that tables or anything else except for optimizing your images is trivial right now. The image on the top left is about 5 kilobytes. On your page it is displayed as somewhat larger but about 200 times the file size and download time. The pictures on that page total about 100 times what I usually suggest as the maximum size for a page.

I use PaintShop, if you are rich you may prefer to get Photoshop, Irfanview is a free alternative. But you need to work those images over in a graphics program.

Is there anyway I can make the table where there is a with 2 cells the first one with the picture in it and the cell to the right of it have writing in it?
Thanks for your help

Selena

Yes, indeed. Look at the code posted above. tr is (I believe) short for table row. So while the table cells are presented above each other to make the code more readable, the first one in each row is to the left.

So hedgehog2 and hedgehog4 are the ones on the right. Use the same code, and replace the image code with text.

If you do, you may encounter a problem that doesn't exist when you use images that are all the same size. The content by default will be in the center of the table cell. will make the text start at the top of the table cell.

<td valign="top"> used here
Just plain here

You can put images,text,links,another table
or numerical data inside a table.
Tables are used for various types of webpage layouts
so tables have lots of uses.