This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
hiding your source codes

hey ppl, err i am getting anyoyed with ppl stealing my flashes an stuff nd etc lol im not very good at this but its ok i think lol can you plz help me so tht u cant view source on my website! i seen it done nd i was wondering how to do it cheda guyz btw i jus wanna say arsenal 2- 0 juventus haha lol

Browser: ,3

Re: hiding your source codes

Can't be done. Well, there may be a way - if you hide it so that our browsers cannot find it. But then you won't have a webpage any more.

See http://www.jimcosoftware.com/protect.aspx

Re: hiding your source codes

I added a Javascript to my web browser that adds a view source link to the bottom of each web page that displays the source the way the browser sees it after any programs have run. I put it there so I can help people having problems with their web page work out why it isn't working properly (and that is all I use it for) but there is nothing that would stop people adding a similar Javascript to their browser and then use it to bypass any "protection" in the web page (including it being encrypted by programs costing over $200).

The web page a visitor sees consists of your HTML content with the appearance controlled by your stylesheet as overridden by your visitor's stylesheet after both your Javascripts and those attached to your visitor's browser have run. Apart from the HTML your visitor gets the final say.