This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why am I getting double tags?

Got my site done as well as can be in short notice (busy schedule).
However, when I ran a tag analyser, I found out I was getting double tags. The Html looks like this: ( I added the comment brackets, just in case)
I have not modified my headers. It looks fine in file manager's text editor, but source code on the displayed page looks like the above.
I am on the free hosting,s ocould this be a side effect of the advertising and all the java that bravenet put's on the page?
If so, how do I correct this as it is preventing my site some from spidered correctly by the search engines (they stop when they see the double tags). Thanks.

Re: Why am I getting double tags?

Yes. (the advertising)
As far as I know, the only way is to pay to get rid of the advertising.
If it is any comfort, searches that include common words and site:bravehost.com return thousands of Bravehost sites with the same problem.

Thanks Corwings.
I was afraid of that.
We were hoping to get a bit of traffic built up before switching to a paid service using our own domain.
We don't have a newsletter(yet)so guess I'll look for some alternate methods of getting the word out.
Kinda funny all those tools for SEO and submissions are offered on the free hosting, knowing they won't make much difference.
Other than that, gotta say this is not bad as far as free services go.

You did read the part about finding sites with the same defect by searching? In Google. I don't know how search engines are affected, but I know that sites with you problem can be registered by Google.