This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help with html coding error

The following is currently what my code reads-

EPAYMENT/PURCHASE

which I know is incorrect. I go fix it to read-

PAYMENT & PURCHASE

and low and behold when I click save, something misterious happens, it changes back to the first code.

Support says that maybe it is my computer. I don't know. Can anyone help me? My pages are all messed up with this code showing. I need help and fast.

Re: help with html coding error

Don't know if it is even possible to answer this. But instead of us digging through your pages for the code, why don't you just explain what code you are talking about and which page? Don't post code here, it is better viewed in context on the page, anyway.

Corwings thanks for replying. You have helped me a bunch before. My sister sent the first reply and we are getting really frustrated because we have had a problem and can't seem to find anyone to help. We have posted messages in the members forum and with customer service we have opened a ticket. They can't help either. OK- here is the deal--
On every page of my site (at the bottom of the page)there is and when we hit save the system will change it back to and it changes the next word in line The system often changes my code. I had another problem that my metatags will change if I fix and save anything visually. My metatags will just jumble around. Bravenet customer service said that there was a bug in their system and they were trying to fix it but it took them forever to realize it and they said they couldn't tell me when it would be fixed. I have to copy and re-paste my metatags any time I do anything visually. If you need to know how I edit my pages it is through the file manager. I go in to my file name and use the text editor. I do sometimes use the visual editor. Thanks for acting interested in helping us. Hope you have an idea. Amey

Sara, I assume you are referring to the word in the puppy for sale section. When you wrote the html you did it in the "Visual Editor". Go back, erase it and rewrite it in the left window "Code Editor".

Corwings, The message before sounds stupid because the html words are gone.
This is what my pages are viewing
pacman backslash html percent

This is what we enter pacman backslash html pacman. The system changes it. Hope you can understand what I am even talking about since half the words are gone in my sentences. Thanks, Amey

Re: Re: help with html coding error

As far as I can tell, all you have to do is replace the final % with > to close the tag. Without it, it is no longer a tag, just some text.

Re: Re: Re: help with html coding error

Hi- that is what we think too!! But when we do that in the text editor and save our changes. Something automatically changes it to %. We don't do it and the advice of many is just to change that % to > but it doesn't stay that way. We have tried this on several different computeres and it continues to change back. Thanks for looking. Amey