This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Code Editor

I'm new at this Bravenet stuff and I want to use a template for our site. I have some good templates in "My Favorites", but I don't know how to get them on my site. I'm following someone's directions all the way to the part where they say to use the Code Editor button. Call me an idiot, but I don't see ANY code editor button. I need a complete step-by-step with directions and button locations (i.e. middle-left of page, bottom-right of page, etc.) Also, do you have to copy and paste the HTML code? Because people are saying to copy and paste the code in the Code Editor, but I don't see a Code Editor. Please help! Thank you.

Re: Code Editor

Start by telling us what editing software you are using to build your site. Bravenet provide two different on-line editors and let you use any of the hundreds of third party editors on the market.

Yeah. You're right. I just worded the problem wrong. Ok, I have some templates saved to "My Favorites" and basically, I don't know where to go from there. I know you have to somehow get your text into the HTML language thingy and then it goes on the site, but I just don't really have a clue what to do once you saved a template to "My Favorites". Also, how do you get one of the Bravenet-provided code editors?

Yeah. You're right. I just worded the problem wrong. Ok, I have some templates saved to "My Favorites" and basically, I don't know where to go from there. I know you have to somehow get your text into the HTML language thingy and then it goes on the site, but I just don't really have a clue what to do once you saved a template to "My Favorites". Should I just delete the site and start over? Also, how do you get one of the Bravenet-provided code editors?

Oops.

Once the template is your favorites you browse
to find the template.
You choose manage template.
You then can upload the template to file manager.
From thier you find tabs to the code editor,visual editor at top of the page.