This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Making a link page and letting visitors submit links

I'm trying to make a link page on my site where visitors can see links, and submit any that they have using a form. I would like the links to go to the links page, not to my email. I've having a problem of where the url's go to when they submit the link. I've created a folder in my files area, and when I submitted a test site, I got a 403 Error: Not Authorized.

Now I have the links feature that bravenet has provided enabled on my site, but I'd like to create my own customized links page. Can anyone help?

Re: Making a link page and letting visitors submit links

I hate to be discouraging but the simple fact that you asked the question tells me that you are most unlikely to have the programming skills to set it up.

You would need some sophisticated (and expensive) hosting and a good knowledge of a server side language such as PHP.

Yeah I am a newbie, sorry for not mentioning that. I've got an awesome idea for a nice site. This site is my first, but I'm using this to learn html. If you can help, please do. Thanx.

Re: Re: Making a link page and letting visitors submit links

Start simple and work up.

The most important thing on any site is content that will bring visitors in and bring them back.

Learn some html so that you can take control of the design. You will soon outgrow any editor that dictates "themes" such as Bravenet's Wizard.

Take a look at the Bravenet Link Listing service which probably does close to what you want.