This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Where is the plain old HTML editor?

I am not used to all these templates and readymade pages... I just want to do it myself. Where can I access a page where I can just build my website by myself?
Thanks

Re: Where is the plain old HTML editor?

See if you have notepad on your computer and use it you have to know html really good and stuff.

That way you can make your page the way you like if you know html coding really good and stuff.

I am sure there are other html editors out there too can use.

I know beginners and such who have no clue with html and stuff stick to the templates and stuff that bravenet has for one.

But I myself have frontpage and used it to make my pages and then uploaded them in my file manager or ftp.

I know html pretty good... but I dont want the header....footer..etc..just one page to paste my html code for my whole page would be great....do we have that option?

Re: Re: Where is the plain old HTML editor?

There are a variety of text editors on the market and also some pure html editors.

Notepad isn't perfect but it works. If you want an alternative try Arachnophilia which is a free download.

I dont think I'm being clear. I know how to write my html. I dont need editors or tools. The title was misleading. Sorry. The problem is that I do not know how to post my html on my site using this host. It is not converting my html at all. Its posting my code matter fact.

Re: Re: Where is the plain old HTML editor?

Sorry, but a lot of us do tailor our responses to the forum used. This is where you would post with an html query that is not specific to Bravenet.

From your terminology it is not clear if you want to upload competed pages from your PC or to add native html to a page created with one of the two on-line editors that Bravenet provide.

For the former just log in to your account and select Manage Hosting. There are two upload utilities there plus a page that gives you the FTP parameters if you want to se a thrid party product.

For the latter you can find instructions in the sticky posts in the copy/paste forum.

HellCell,

Several of the people on these forums, including myself, write all our code with a text editor, and use the code on Bravenet and many other hosts. It's pretty easy to deal with.

In Bravenet's File Manager you will be able to see all your web site files. You can use "New File", at the top of the File Manager, to create an empty HTML file for editing. Just enter a file name with a ".html" extension. If you want this file to be your default home page, name it "index.html". If not, name it anything you want, within the restrictions of the File Manager. The file created will look like this:

Empty File

Put some content in this file!

Once the file is created, you can then click on the edit icon next to the file name and you will be taken to the Text editor. Since you already know how to write HTML, the rest should be obvious.

You can also create your web pages on your local PC, using any text editor you like, and then upload them to your web site. A good text based editor, for people who want to write their own code, is HTML-Kit. HTML-Kit comes with built in upload capabilities or you can upload yourself.

You can upload your web pages from your Bravenet account with the File Manage, or the File Uploader. You can also use just about any FTP tool you might have available. Try this link to my Using FTP help page. It shows you how to find your FTP information and several methods that can be used. The information is for free sites, so you may have to make an adjustment if you have paid hosting.

If you are still having trouble, give us a little more information about your problem. A URL to a test page showing the problem would be very useful.

http://unitedontheweb.com/pagemaker.html
now here is a good little html editor
copy the code and give it a try ,good 4 building door pages

HellCell

Just download 1 template from Bravenet to your computer. Open the INDEX.HTM file and replace all the code with yours. Now, when you upload the page back to Bravenet's File Manager, your page will be published.