This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need Help With Message Board And HTML

I have a message board on my site and the html has been enabled so that pictures can be posted. It will not work if I or others type in the html. The only way we have gotten it to work is through paste and copy which is a lot of trouble. Anyone know what's going on????

Re: Need Help With Message Board And HTML

Make sure you are typing in the code correctly if hand typing it in.

Otherwise mostly copy and paste is what works.

I know since I sign guestbooks a lot with images when it says you can.

You have to know how to type the html code in for images and your post correctly for it to show up.

IT is best if you have an image hosted at someplace like photobucket or someplace that allows hotlinking your images and such things for the guestbooks/forums etc.

Then get the code for that from there and copy it and paste it in.

That way it is correctly put in and such things and your images show up.

Otherwise they won't if your code isn't right that you hand type in

I tried to post an image on your forum, and it worked. At first I had results that made me think you were right, but it turned out to be a typing error.

What code did you use??

I am brand new at this so please tell me what html code you used. I have been trying to use ... Is this correct.

It's funny that it works if I copy and paste, remove picture.jpg with my pic properties and post but if I type it out myself on the page ... nothing.

Well, hardly

That would require you to be able to upload the image to the directory where bravenet keeps your image.

should work.

The most obvious mistake you might make when typing instead of copying and pasting is to drop the http:// part, because our browsers permit that when you are typing in the URL of some website.