This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
url masking

The name of my domain on another site is safensoundonlinesucks com. My subdomain on this site is oldhippy2.bravehost.com. When I put the safensound name in my browser and click "GO" it will take me to the bravehost site because I enabled url forward at the other site. When it forwards here the name will change to bravehost.com. How do I mask the address to show safensound rather than bravehost?

Re: url masking

There are several ways to manage forwarding and it is unusual for name hosts to offer them all.

Check the options that your name host offers to see if they will permit you to mask the url.

Do be aware that Google doesn't seem to like masked urls and your page ranking may be affected.

Thanks. I saw a feature in theCP over where I bought the domain called Stealth. I suppose that is the feature you are talking about.
BTW, google doesn't like url forwarding either.

Thanks. I saw a feature in the CP over where I bought the domain called Stealth. I suppose that is the feature you are talking about.
I bought my domain from omnis.com but they never did host it. My host is bravenet but when I do a DNS search it doesn't show any host at all, but my site is up and running.
BTW,I have it forwarded from omnis to http://oldhippy2.bravehost.com and google doesn't like url forwarding either.