This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
web forms

I;m trying to create a web form for my site using the email forms and i can make the actual form i just need help with having it go somewhere. can someone help me with a code that would send the data to an e-mail?

Re: web forms

You either need to code that in a server side scripting language or use a third party form service.

If you want help in coding your own then you need to tell us which language your web host supports for server side scripts.

im going to sound like an idiot but i dont know what you mean by leanguages im kind of new to this... soz

im sorry i dont know what you mean by language

Re: Re: web forms

If you don't understand about server side scripting then either spend some time with Google findiung some tutorials or just sign up for a third party form service such as Bravenet's.

You cannot create an email form just using html.

just get your email form from bravenet memeber area and you can change the fields as you want.

i am using bravenet forms but i dont understand the part where it sends it to the location, i want it sent to a certain email

By default, Bravent's email form service will send the processed data to the email address that you used to register with Bravenet. If you want the email to go to another address, in addition to your registered Bravenet email address, add a hidden tag with the name "carboncopy". The following is from the email forms FAQ.

You can add a hidden field to your form that takes a comma-separated list of email addresses and name it: carboncopy.

Example:

This allows you to have the email sent to a maximum of 5 email addresses at once.

I tried this method and when i type it in just a plain text box shows up, with the email adresses inside the tect box.

nvm the last message, but when i use code no email shows upin either email

I made a copy of your form and ran several tests. I first replaced your server and user ID number with my own, disabled the "carboncopy" tag, and sent out several messages. They all went through. I then modified the "carboncopy" tag with my own addresses, and it still worked fine. I could not make the form fail. It always sent email to the addresses I specified. I even put your information back in and sent a test message. I obviously can't tell whether you received the email, but all indications on my end are that it sent the form data.

So, assuming that the form is working correctly, there are only a couple of other possibilities. Check your email to make sure you are not blocking the email. The email from your form will have a "bravenet.com" From address and the subject will say "Bravenet Form Processor". If you have any kind of filter active for these things, you may be throwing them away.

If you are sure that you are not blocking or trashing the emails, open a trouble ticket with Bravenet. There may be something wrong on their end that is stopping the email from being sent.

Beyond that, I can't find anything wrong with the form.

Yes, it works fine thanks, I think i tried to send it before the changes were saved and updates. Thanks

HELP,How do i make my pags go at side????
www.habztunes.com
danymcm@yahoo.co.uk

Browser: Danymcm@yahoo.co.uk,3

HELP,How do i make my pags go at side????

I'm afraid you need to elaborate on that one a little bit more. I have no idea what you are asking.

Well they are on the top collum and i wan't them at left...Also how do you get a DJ panel For radio?

thx Danny

Browser: Danymcm@yahoo.co.uk,3