This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HTML buttons

How can I add a NEXT and PREVIOUS button in HTML in the photo category???

Thank you in advance

Re: HTML buttons

Is there such a thing as 'HTML' buttons? I don't really know, I'm just curious. If it's just 'buttons' you want, I can help you because I was helped with the same problem. I wanted two pages to be linked via 'forward' and 'back' buttons so, in a post still listed in the HTML forum with the subject "Need Code for Buttons Please", I was given a few ideas to try. I began with code I found on my own at:

http://resources.bravenet.com/scripts_archive/javascript_dhtml/buttons/forwardback_buttons/

The rest of my post and the replies I received you probably don't even need, but peruse them anyway. Martin, for example, gave me a great idea to make the buttons I wanted to use actually work the way I wanted them to. I do have a feeling though, the URL I gave you above should work just fine in your case.

If what I've given you isn't what you're talking about, you'll have to wait for somebody else for another idea because this is all I know -- for now. I'm still learning myself. Good Luck!

Bern

Browser: SBernheart,2

Is there such a thing...

Well, yes. A table with a huge border makes a nice button:

Bern's
site

But I suspect dennisg means something like "I cannot do what I like in PageBuilder/ EasyBuilder/ Wizard/ Whatever. Is there a way to do it by inserting HTML".

And that cannot be answered unless we know what editor is being used. And what the reference to "photo category" means.

"Awww Corwings, you shouldn't have...." AGAIN! LOL LOL LOL I like you, Corwings. Are you a guy or a girl? Young or old? Married or single? No, I'm not trying to pick you up -- just a curious, self-taught, 40+ married woman. LOL

I was truly curious about the 'HTML buttons' because I was looking for them myself, but when Martin found a solution that worked for me, I stopped looking -- for buttons anyway. I do like the button you made here, Corwings! I just might have to steal that one from you, if you don't mind, of course!

Did you try the code I showed you, DG? It's not HTML, but they work just the same if you ask me. The original code was like this:

body
center
form
input type="button" value=" back " ="history.go(-1)"
input type="button" value="forward" ="history.go(1)"
/form
/center

Of course I had to leave the '<' and '>' out of the code in order for you to see the code rather than the finished buttons.

I'm a terrible teacher, so if this is too confusing, simply scroll through my post 'Need Code for Buttons Please' as Martin explains things much better than I. As far as the 'photo category' though, you should be more specific. Do you mean Bravenet's Photo Center'? Give the forum your webpage address -- done or not -- that's how most things get done in here.

Again, good luck with your project, DG. Nice to see you here again, Corwings.

Bern (still curious)

Browser: SBernheart,2

Actually, I've mislaid the notes for the online identity that goes with this username. I've eliminated most of alternatives, so I'm either a bearded, close-to-retirement lighthouse keeper by the North Sea, or a young, lesbian, single mother living in Bronx. When visuals are called for I use blurred photos of Bud Spencer (or Naomi Campbell, depending). When I find the back-up CDs from my last computer I'll let you know.

Feel free to "steal". I haven't patented links or tables, and there isn't much else to take credit for.

Someone said there may be a rare glimpse of Corwings on video......but you didn't hear that from me....

Image hosting by Photobucket

Re: Re: HTML buttons

Corwings - all North Sea lighthouses are now fully automatic so your secret is out!

Corwings has to be late 40's metrosexual type. That is not meant to be a slight. Balding a bit on top are we Corwings? Is that a mustache that I imagine? Do I see a bit of a paunch? hmmmmm..... go ahead Corwings, make our day!!!

Let me know if you look like this.....

Image hosting by Photobucket

(btw, thats Chris on American Idol..hes gonna win it too)

Re: Re: HTML buttons

...late 40's...
...a bit of a paunch...
...balding a bit....

Tony, you're OK!

Here's a picture of Corwings I found taken from the back. :o)

Corwings

Corwings, I basically described myself (except for the balding part) but since you seem to be A BIT more technical than I, I threw in the balding because you know, the whole smart people/bald bit.