This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need Help with Coding.!

hi,
i was wondering if anybody can help me with the codes. i have tried to insert some codes in but it doesn't change anything at all... can someone help me with the HTML codes-i think i need the correct codes for it?

i tried to edit my site under file manager but then after saving the changes made, my site is still the same. i want to use my own layout etc. can someone help me with this.

thanks in advanced.

Re: Need Help with Coding.!

without knowing what your site should look like it is impossible to see if there is a problem.

The most likely reason is that your PC (or you ISP) is caching previously accessed pages. If you see an "old" page press the CTRL and F5 keys at the same time. Nine times out of ten that will solve the problem that you have described.

oh i see, but what if that doesn't work still?

so how come i tried to change the scroll bar but still it looks like the plain old one?

if i put in the html codes and use file manager to edit each of my pages from there will that work as well,

what about editing my style sheet from file manager, i tried to edit that and use my own codes and save it but after ward i went back into it and edit again, it remove my codes and back to the original bravenet codes??? what am i'm doing wrong???

to make my saying simple to understand, i don't want to use the layout that bravenet has. like those with tables on left side or right side and comes in different table colors... i don't want to use their layout or background color...

so i tried to put in my own, but it doesn't change anything???

any suggestion???

you do Need Help with Coding.!

Each color needs a "#" at the beginning.

For example:

background-color:666666;

should be:

background-color:#666666;

etc.

OK?

Andy, if you're using Firefox, you won't see any scrollbar styling...thats an IE feature...

heres a link to w3schools..
CSS examples

It has an on-site editor that you can practice the example that you need...and if you want further explanation on css/html, look to left, nav menu...

Although, I don't think this is the case, i'll mention anyway...if using File Manager you cannot go back to the Wizard option..all editing will be lost. Its either use one or the other, but not combined.

Heres how I would edit, after clicking the floppy icon to save, in file manager, I would then pull edited page up, then click refresh...

hey thanks a bunch... i've already figure it out...