This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with Javascript?

I am learning JS, but when ever I test the code in Opera (I think it is is the last version, not the current) AND Netscape 4.8 (I also have 8.1 which I will try) it just comes up with the code! I edit and save it in MS Notebook.

Thank you!

MJ

And, if you know how to do flash in a free account, please tell me!

And..... adding music to your webpage.

My webpage, and a friends webpage which I am making, are both music-less!

THANK YOU!

Re: Help with Javascript?

First of all, have you tried saving the script as .js without the
< script > and < /script >
and then putting into the page:
< script language=Javascript type=text/javascript src="Scripts/your script.js" >< /script >

I don't know about flash but to put in a music bar the script that I use is:

< EMBED SRC="YourSong.mp3" autoplay=false height="10" width="144" height="128" >Listen to some music

hello i have 2 things to say 1 just go to java script.com and u get ur java stuff easily. Plus get off this lamoa site and try maxpages.com its a totally free website!

Browser: hi

Thanks!

PS: Thanks for the music info, but I just can't UPLOAD it to bravehost....

What kind of hosting do you have? If free, check the permitted filetypes. For music, you are more or less stuck with .mid. (OK, so maybe you have Premium. If you had told us your URL in the first place, we would not be guessing)

Music on webpages is generally a bad thing anyway. If you are a band or a composer, offering samples of your music for download may be a good idea.

Apart from that, there are two kinds of visitors. The ones who like your kind of music, and the idiots who don't. The latter group won't appreciate you forcing it on them. The former group - if in the mood for music - is likely to already have something similar in their CD player.