This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
??Table tag or DIV tag??

Hello html coding forum ppl,

im just wondering what would be a better html tag to use for website layout.

is it:

html >TABLE< tag

or

the >DIV< tag without the table

is there anyone who knows more about this two tags.
b4 i tried to make a layout with table tag and the div tag without the table. i notice that with the div tag, the text it more flexible meaning they adjust to the width of the browser. where as with the table tag, it just stays there and create a left/right scroll.

let me know if i got it wrong.

thx in advance

Re: ??Table tag or DIV tag??

I'm not going to address your question as such. I'm not really sure it is the right question, but never mind that. I'm just commenting on the last part:
A table will adjust to the width of the browser, as long as you don't tell it to do otherwise.
is an example of that.
Bravenet.jQuery(function(){ var emojiConvert = new EmojiConvertor(); emojiConvert.img_set = 'emojione'; emojiConvert.img_sets.emojione.sheet = 'https://apps.bravenet.com/css/sheets/sheet_emojione_64_indexed_128.png'; emojiConvert.allow_native = false; emojiConvert.use_sheet = true; emojiConvert.init_env(); Bravenet.jQuery('.bn-forum-threads-post-comment').each(function() { var replaced = emojiConvert.replace_colons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); replaced = emojiConvert.replace_emoticons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); Bravenet.jQuery(this).html(replaced); }); });

Sorry about that, I must have forgotten to convert a tag or something.

At the end I was trying to say that

will give you a table that adapts to the available space. At least as long as the contents of the table permits. (The same goes for 90%, 80% etc. of course)

If you set the width for tables or div's using % it will adjust.
If you set the width for tables or div's using px it won't adjust. The width of images make a difference also.
% = adjust
px = no adjust
I use all div's myself.