This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
i need help with html hosting

i am having trouble with html hosting. i am trying to make my own hosting site, but everywhere i look, i can't seem to find the code for an html generator. i need a code for a simple generator that in can add on my site. this site is just for me and my friends. if anyone knows a code or somewhere i can find these codes i would really appreciate it.

thanx

no sense at all...

Try reading it back -- see what I mean?

Re: i need help with html hosting

Notepad is perfectly adequate for creating html. Google will find you hundreds of more sophisticated products.

hmm..i know of specific generators online...like for nav menus, forms, etc...and css generators for style sheets/templates...but as for what you're asking...

'html generators' and 'html hosting'..???

That kinda tells me you might be confused on what html is...(or maybe i'm confused on what you're posting lol )

anyways..here is an excellent site where you can see/learn all the html codes you need.......its user friendly (meaning easy)..they offer examples of every html code and have an online editor you can experiment on...

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

Translation

I think what allison is saying is that she wants to make her own hosting site. Something like allisonhost.com instead of geocities or bravehost. But on a small scale for a few friends.

So she wants a program that will create the pages for those who don't know html. A sort of Wizard, or something like this.

Allison, that is a bit more complicated than anything I can help you with, and I suspect a bit more complicated than you can handle.

Maybe you could just tell your friends to go to the ibdjohn page and copy/paste the code from there? Or simply tell them to learn html. Contrary to popular belief, it is very, very easy.

Or there are programs that will do much the same job. If this is just for a few friends, find one, and burn a CD.

Re: Translation

ohhhhh!...she wants to be a host!..like Bravehost!...i was way off, my bad..

If you using bravenet paid hosting
you can give each friend a subdomain on your site.
Basic Paid allows for 30
Premuin Paid allows for 200
You then give each one a name and password.
Your friends then use can bravenet tools
to build thier pages once they logged in.

You need special server side programs to run
a wizard like program on your site.
You also need a data base to store data in.