Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
javascript

can i use javascript on my free account? or is it not allowed

Re: javascript

Javascript is permitted on Bravenet free accounts.

I tried to paste a banner to my site, all that came up was the script not the picture. Do I need javascript? If so how do I get it.

Javascript is not something you get. It is simply a scripting language that is understood by all browsers. Whether it's enabled or not is immaterial.

If you inserted some code, and all you came up with is the code, then you inserted it incorrectly. I see the code you entered on your site. When you are in the Website Wizard's content editor, you need to switch to the Code Editor to insert your code.

i don't know if i can "post" this here, but i need a code in javascript or similar (or a web page) to make my links "glow" when you hover on them...
i tried a few, but they dont work here.

This is an example: www.greatestjournal.com/~arie_doh

thanks

Browser: vivorememoricxiovifari@hotmail.com,3

It's usually better if start a new thread, when you have a question. It gets read by more people.

The only thing I see, on the site you listed, are links that change color when you pass your cursor over them. You don't need Javascript to do that.

Your web site is a Website Wizard creation. This causes a little bit of a problem, because you don't have access to the style sheet associated with your web pages. The style sheet sets the default reaction of your links. It is possible to add a style setting in one of your content areas to override the default settings.

The style that controls the colors and reaction of your links is "siteNavigation". In the Wizard, there is a link for editing the header and footer. If you add the following code to the end of your site header, you can control the action of your navigation links.

An example, that uses these settings is on one of my test sites. Change the color to whatever you want.

I am reading the posts and see that java is supported using Bravenet Webhosting. I recently became an affiliate of CafePress and have a few small banners (javascript) that I want to place on my shopping pages. They don't show up in ANY form on the active published page in any of the boxes I have tested them in (they DO show up in the Code Editor of the specific page and space).
I used the Code Editor to copy/paste the saved code into my page. I contacted CafePress and had them test the EXACT codes they sent me and that I copied. They say there is nothing wrong with the codes from their end.
What could be wrong? What can I try differently? I am eager to get some of my custom designed products "out there" in as many forms as possible.
Thanks in advance for your help.