This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Desperately need help with making a website off a Bravenet template!!!

Hi,

I desperately need help on how to make a website using Bravenet's free template service.

I need to move from a pre-set theme to a template, because I need more pages then the set 7 or so(that a theme has the maximum of), and of course there is more space. Also, there is the more control over the placement of graphics.

I absolutely do not know what to do, what to click, or what needs to be done first on a Bravenet template. Can anyone help me? I don't know enough HTML I think, and I'm pretty much helpless when it comes to the template, as it looks confusing.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Desperately need help with making a website off a Bravenet template!!!

HTMLite will teach you the basics.

From what I've seen on these forums, the Bravenet templates are not what you want to start with when moving from the Wizard.

Granted, I only get to see them linked in messages from people who have somehow messed things up. But after editing webpages for several years, I still find them very confusing. I would definitely start with something simpler.

Ah, okay.. What would be a simpler template service then? I've looked around, and so far Bravenet seems the simplest!

You might do a google search for "simple templates" or the like.

Or you could use something like this, which is based on what you have now.

It is just something quickly slapped together, certainly not the ideal template. There are even deprecated (Gasp!) tags in there.

The main advantage is that even if you don't know a lot of HTML, there is hardly anything you won't understand. If you are a total beginner, perhaps a couple of things need to be explained, but that should need one message at most.

If you know a lot, just not enough to handle the Bravenet Template, you can probably make a lot of improvements.

The main thing is that your work should be based on what you know. In your text, you wouldn't want to use words like malversation, agathocacological or saprophagous unless you know exactly what they mean, would you?

well pick a layout or tamplete. then save to your server, pull up the file in note pad or your html editer, edit where needed. when done upload it in the file manger.(I have no clue where the file manager iz and if you do plz reply to mi furumhere.) n e way, to add more pagez with the same layout you have to copy the index.htm or index.html code and go to new directery. name it paste the code, edit where needed, save, and copy, paste, edit, and so on from there!!

I hope that helpz!!

RainbowAngelR

You probably better off downloading
a basic program like alley code
and skip the template

The easy wizard has two options
use themes or build a customized site.
The customized site option is not hard as
the templates.