This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Html Code in Forums

Strange i can build a website, but I cannot figure out what is needed for html code to show up in the forums.
Can anybody help me out?

Re: Html Code in Forums

All you need is to replace the left bracket with < or <
You will probably prefer the former. I got into the habit of using < on a forum where that was the only alternative that worked.

nice tip,
i was wondering about that from a long time

Thanks so much for your help. I would have NEVER figured
out that one. LOL. Now for a test.

SO I guess you can't get a live link, eh?

You can, if I understood what you were trying to do. But it is easier to either post working code or visible code. Combinations can be confusing. Wouldn't have dared to try this without a preview function.

Blumoonart.com

Sure you can get a live link, but what you are posting is not a complete link. As Corwings said, to get the HTML to display in the forum, you need to replace the left bracket with <. A link to your site might then be shown as:

BluMoonArt.com

But fixing the code so it can display, disables it. All it is is text. If you actually want to put a live link in your posting, don't replace the left bracket. Just type in the proper HTML. Without the replacement of the left bracket, in the code above, you have:

BluMoonArt.com

To get a better idea of exactly what I entered, use your right mouse button and view the source of the posting.

Thanks people. Now if I can remember that.LOL.