This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PLEASE HELP

ok umm like at the top on ur site where it would say stuff like the title that goes on the bar well on bravenet its diffrent do u know the code like on freewebs its just WELCOME TO MY SITE but wats it on bravenet?

Browser: sassygurl200413@hotmail.com,3

Re: PLEASE HELP

can you write it clearly?

yes i can ok umm do u know on sites right? ok well they have a top heading like Welcome to my site version 1. well i have that on my site but it says love linsday and i dont want it to say that do u think u can give me the code cause i use freewebs and bravenet does it diffrently

You have 2 urls but only 1 site.

The fast url you posted just redirects vistors
to your freewebs site.
It hides your freewebs address.
You do all editing using Freewebs editing tools.

no thats not way iam saying like u know the top like wher eit says welcome to my site version ... etc. like Welcome to my siteetc. its not the same on freewebs as it is on bravenet

If you Signed up for actual Bravenet web hosting
then you edit your pages using bravenet.
Do have a actual bravehost url?

yes i have devoted.to

Katie!

LadyPam 52 asked: "Do you have a actual Bravehost.URL"

You answered: "yes i have devoted.to"

You posted at about the same time, so maybe you were answering some earlier question. Do you have an actual Bravehost URL? Not a Fast URL redirect, but a real Bravehost URL, such as www.fadedtruth.bravehost.com ?

Partly answered in her second post

As I interpret Katie's ramblings from her repeat post above this thread she appears to have a Freewebs account referenced by a Bravenet Fast URL.

At first I thought that she was querying the different url but from responses on this thread I think she is querying the fact that the Fast URL gives the page a different Title to the one that she sees if she goes direct to the Freewebs.

I am sure that the two can be aligned but as she can't be bothered to provide a coherent answer to any questions I can't say that I feel inclined to do the research for her.

Katie is talking about the title that appears at the top of the web browser. When she uses her freewebs URL she see one title, but when she uses the "devoted.to" fast URL redirect from Bravenet, she sees a different title.

To change the title that appears at the top of the browser, for the "devoted.to" URL, log into your Bravenet account and follow the link to the Fast URL Redirect service manager. There you should find a link that says "general settings". The first selection on that page says "Title". Change the title of your page in the box below the heading, then scroll to the bottom and click on the "Save Changes" button.

so ok, umm, Martin you know, like wow, what a nice translation, umm, like, ya know?