This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Email link to Button JPG ????

I have used one of the templates from Bravenet (index45) I have edited some buttons in Photoshop.
One of the buttons is a contact button.
My problem is how do I get it to link to me via e-mail?
Using the visual editor I cannot use the create link and enter my email address. and when I use the code I dont know where to put it or how to link it to the image code below.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers Jimboy

IMG height=30 src="http://cartoonistjimboy.bravehost.com/images45/contactbutton.jpg" width=148 border=0>

Re: Email link to Button JPG ????

I looked at your test page and there isn't any thing wrong with your email link. If I click on it, it pops up a email window with your address in the "To:" area. If your email address is correct, and I filled out the email compose form, and then poked the send button, it would be sent. Is there something I'm missing?

But that doesn't guarantee that you, or any of your site visitors, will actually be able to send it. Unless you have a fully configured email client on your local PC, the email is not going to go anywhere. Generally, if you access all your mail through a web browser, you probably don't have a local configuration.

But, I also see an email form on your test page. That is what you should be using, rather than a "mailto" link. The form will allow any user to send you email without knowing what you email address is and without a local email client. If they include their address, you can answer them back through your normal email setup.

So, rather than make that button attempt to send email, point it to a contact page with and expanded contact form. The form has the added advantage of keeping your email address off of the internet, which helps avoid spam.

after posting the message I noticed the code I entered had made an email link of the last 5 or six lines of the post and I worked it out from there. thanks.

Took your advice and rather than have an email link, have opted for your idea of an e-mail form .. cheers