This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unstable table/Objects

Sup folks, Html newbie here. Em.. For some reason, images and tables that I placed in webpages I am coding move every which way when I view the page in a browser. In attempting to resize the browser window, in other words, make it smaller, the images and tables move and reposition themselves in tandem with the resizing effort. It is only when I have the browser window fully extended to cover the whole screen would these bad boys go back to their original positions. I tried to use a spacer.gif image and it also moved.
I am coding by hand in Notepad, however I am also using a background image, which has a left border. I noted in trying to insert text, the text would display all over the left border which ruins the image on the left border. I attempted to solve the problem by using a table to keep the text from displaying on the left border. While it seems to have worked, the bigger issue and problem is the "bumpercars" effect when I try to resize the browser window.
Any help for both issues would greatly be appreciated.
Danke!

Re: Unstable table/Objects

"Any help" is just awaiting one datum: the URL(s) of the page(s).

Re: Re: Unstable table/Objects

Hi Sherlock, unfortunately I have not uploaded it yet. I just started out and these are my growing pains. Will probably put it up by Monday 2/6/06 as is.

Thanks.

In that case we need your street address, if the page you are asking about can only be seen on your computer.

have you tried using % ? as to width

width:100%

corrected code....

width:100%;