This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I want a guestbook in my site...not in another website's page (like the bravenet one)

Hi, there!
I know it's possible to create a guestbook in my website's page dedicated to the comments...But I don't know how [:-|.
All I wanted to know is how to have my own write-post-see mechanism in my site - my own web component -, not having a guestbook in another website's page.

Thanks for your help,
Pedro

Re: I want a guestbook in my site...not in another website's page (like the bravenet one)

Entirely possible. But it requires some studying, and is not the sort of thing anyone can tell you how to do in a quick message here.

You could start here. But since I don't have the necessary skills myself, I cannot really evaluate the tutorial. If you don't find it gives you what you need, search google for "php tutorial".

Re: I want a guestbook in my site...not in another website's page (like the bravenet one)

Ok, many thanks anyway.
I knew it had something to do with complex script language...**** it! However, I managed how to do something pretty pleasent with the bravenet guestbook, so I can't complain

Thanks for your help, once again,
Pedro