This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
If I dont have the answer I will find it for you.

Hi,

I can help anyone with HTML or Graphic probs.

If I dont have the answer I will find it for you.

Simon Gibson
ISurf2Ya

Re: If I dont have the answer I will find it for you.

I'm in desperate need for drop doqwn menus...please help me out

Hi Gary,

I have added a free dropdown wizard creator with resell rights for you.

Address: http://www.isurf2ya.net/index2.html

Simon
ISurf2Ya

your site is very helpful

Thanks rk,

I will be adding lots more to the site, of course
all the software is free.

When I started out many moons ago I owned a number
of Traffic Exchanges with over 2000 members.
I was president of the TEOA www.teoa.biz I have gathered lots of experience, some good & some bad. Its fun helping people make the first steps and interesting to see the problems that we had as we started out are similar to the problems
foating around on these Forums.

Simon

welcome!

rk, I thought since you like PC games etc..
You might be interested in my brothers Site.
He has drawn many covers for PS2 and was an artist
for 2000AD:
http://www.juliangibson.com

Simon.

thank you,
i will see that

lady raven,
check if javascript is allowed on freewebs
and if yes, ensure that you have pasted the code exactly
as given

hi umm on bravenet it wont allow you to do WELCOME TO MY SITE on freewebs it will so wat is the thing u use to make it go on it? PLEASE PLEASE PELASE HELP!

Browser: sassygurl200413@hotmail.com,3

Got the books on html, and have been using Visicommedia Acehtml Pro6 to create a site with css in xhtml with cross browser compatability. Everything was going pretty good, created the links to the pages and checked on the internal browser. The error message I get is:

Parameter entity must be defined before it is used. Error processing resource

Now I'm in trouble! Created the 'index' page first and saved it with different file names, to use as a template. Used the 'error checker' and 'evaluated all documents' and corrected whatever I found. What now?

i need help!! i have been wondering why is that whenever i go to my site which is--> http://ksquared.bravehost.com nothing appears....

i have put a html code "frames" and enter the code correctly but still my page doesnt show up.... i really dont know how to explain but i know im correct regarding the html codes because i tried viewing the files offline b4 i upload my files.... can you help me on this.... try to view my site to understand

this is the html code on my index.html

HOME

Browser: offlinepls,4

Maku:

Frames aren't supported. But in order to have your frames appear, for some reason you need a noframes section.

When I tested, I added:
<br /> <body><br /> Just testing<br /> </body><br />
to a copy of your page. I uploaded a copy of the original source code, and a copy with this addition. The latter worked. Still, there was an advertising banner in each frame, so I'm not sure if frames at Bravehost is a good idea.

(Well, actually I'm very convinced it is a bad idea anywhere, but that's a long rant, and I'm rather tired just now)

Yes, using frames on a free site is a bad idea. But, if anyone cares, the reason the original code gives a blank screen is caused by the banner code.

A frames page, without a noframes area, does not have a tag. But the banner insertion code depends on there being a tag available. If it doesn't find one, it simply inserts the banner code at the beginning of the web page code. But the banner code is a complete page all by itself. If it is placed up front, the other code, the page is terminated before it gets to the frame code, and doesn't render it.

The inclusion of a noframes area gives the banner insertion code the tag it needs, and allows the frames code to be rendered. But it's not going to fix the problem of banners in every frame. Only a little paid hosting will fix that.

The ad banners are keeping my code from working right

i cant add a background to the body or anywhere else without causing bravenet's ''ad template'' ,if you will, to duplicate and also causing my background to appear anywhere but where it should...why dont they code there banners with a seperate HTML tag...jeeeezz...how can i get around this...i love the fact that yur willing to help ppl..

Browser: fittylleven,2

Sean,

The use of the tag to insert advertising banners is fairly common practice. A web page should not have more than one tag so it tends to be very convientent. But if someone tries to add a background using an extra one, you get a extra banner. Most, if not all, of the attributes have been depreciated. What this means is that, eventually, browsers will not understand what your telling it to do. So, the best way to do what you want is with a style setting.

Right now, your background setting looks like this:

It's not correct, because the word "body" and "background" are run together. There is enough there for the banner insertion to add an extra banner, but not enough for your browser to understand it.

Remove that tag completely, leaving only your other tag. Then, insert the following between the and tags at the top of your web page.

For more information on other attributes that can be used to manage your backgrounds, try this link to W3Schools - CSS Backgrounds.

how come when i make the .html in a different one then the root folder, or 'parent folder', why does it put up THREE bravehost banners across the top?!

example: www.ripbmx.bravehost.com <<<<---one banner on top

www.ripbmx.bravehost.com/profiles/fitz.html <<<--- three banners!!!

if you don't know what i mean, then email me. i need help bad!! i don't want one banner, but because i don't have pro service i guess i can put up with it! but three of them!!! talk about overkill, and a complete visual distraction when you come to that page!!!

On your problem page, the first set of banners is due to you having a free web site. There isn't anything you can do about that. The second set is there because you have some extra HTML tags that are not needed. Right after your tag, you have a group of code that looks like this:

Delet it. It isn't needed and is causing extra banners.

The third set appears to be due to the page being copied off of the internet and then pasted back into your web site. If you copy off of the internet, with a "Save As" operation, you wind up copying the banner code as well. Open the page in a text editor and remove the banner code.

The extra code that is causing the second set of banners could be caused by the same copy problem.

So I should learn css?

That's css code for a background isnt it? I was kinda reluctant on learning it but i'll give it a try. I've heard it is immensely more convenient than html. like wirting a program almost from what examples I've seen. Well thank you very much:)

Hello I really like how you're giving help to people on the service. That's very nice of you. And yes yesterday(02.17.06) I uplaoded mi web site layout that I downloaded using the File Manager. today(02.18.06) mi sister Mindy wants to uplaod hers, but I can't find the File Manager. I'd also like to edit some of mi pagez. We would really appreciate it if you'd help us.

Thank You

RainbowAngelR, RainbowAngelM

Sean,

Yes, that is CSS code for setting a background. If you are going to continue to write web pages, you will need to learn a certain amount of CSS code. Most of the attributes that you would add to a HTML tag have been depreciated and may not work in future web browser releases. CSS will take their place. Once you get use to it you will find that makes writing web pages much easier.

Raven,

If you log into your Bravenet account manager, you should find a link that says "manage hosting". Follow that link and, under Website Management Tools, you should find the File Manager link.

But, is your sisters account the same as yours? If her account is different, she may not have signed up for hosting. If you instead see a link that says "get hosting" follow the link and register for a web site. Whether it is free or paid is your choice.

Everyone,

Please stop hijacking this thread with your own questions. I didn't start it and will probably not follow it much longer. It is far better to start your own thread . Then, you and your problem can be addressed directly, with a much greater audience. You deserve the same attention as everyone else, but you risk having your question lost in a mixed thread.

ive got a free site with bravenet. i need to know if i can insert a script in the tags or anything else for that matter. I cant seem to locate where they are

can anyone help

Yes, you can insert scripts on a free site.

If you need a "how to", we need to know what you are using to create it. The question itself suggests Wizard, but there are plenty of other editors that will also keep you in the dark about how your pages actually work.

Or perhaps you haven't chosen a program yet, in which case the best option is to find one that creates the files on your computer.

What "scripts" you are talking about may also be relevant.

its a popunder script for a cool search engine and they need to go in the header tags. it uses java script

thanks for your help

To repeat myself:
may also be relevant.

thank-you so much 4 your help. you really help me a lot, lolz. And I think mi sister may have registred. lolz. i don't think i spelled that right. oh well. but i'll ask her and check. thnx again!! :)

if i have any more problemz can i come back? lolz.

RainbowAngelR, RainbowAngelM

ALright, Thanks everybody I'm off to echoecho.com to learn css. PEACE!

i need help. i am trying to make a free hosting site for me and my friends. all i need is the code for a html generator. the problem is that i cant find the code for one. do you know of a code for one? i woulg greatly appreciate it.

thanx