This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
index.php first

Hi, I was just wondering what would be the way that when you type in something in a page (forums.mysite.com for example), it would load index.php instad of index.html

Re: index.php first

Those sites are hosted at places that support using PHP
programing.

Bravenet free hosting does not support PHP

I don't have free hosting I have premium hosting and want to load index.PHP instead of index.HTML

What does " when you type in something in a page" mean?

Do you mean when someone goes to your URL? If so, an obvious answer would be not to have an index.html.

Ok I didn't mean to say when you type something in a page. I meant when you type in a URL without index at the end it automatically loads index.html. I have an index.php and when I put it in the address bar without index.php it says "Webmaster has not uploaded a website yet" or something of the sort. Basically saying that index.html doesn't exist. I want it to load index.php instead.

What's your URL?

It seems likely that you have no index.php, or you have an index.html or index.htm

If you tell us the URL, we can check it out.

Re: Re: index.php first

That message is the default index.html page that exists on all Bravenet sites when they are first created. If you delete that without having a replacement page that will load then it gets replaced with a 403 error.

Simply make sure your index.php page is uploaded and then delete the index.html

Hm, didn't know there was a default index.html. I removed that and now it works perfectly thanks for all your help