This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why is there 2 doctypes here?

I really dont get this maybee someone can explain to me what is going on. Here is an example:
Belles Pedigree

In my html editor, (bravenets) it shows only the one doctype on the very first line:

If you view source in IE it shows two doctypes!

Why?? Im not sure if this effects anything or not but it is bugging me and I cant figure out why it is there. It is like that on all of my pedigree pages. Could it be because of the generator I used to make them or something? As usual, thanks for the advice. lol.
-John

P.S.- Hows my site looking??

Re: Why is there 2 doctypes here?

That is a very good question. I was having the same problem. I think it has something to do with the advertising. Since I upgraded to pro seems to have gone away.
However I am working on someone else's website right now that is a free site, and I think it's happening again sometimes. What html editor are you using? I am using html kit.
Sometimes, you have to check and make sure there are not more than one head and body tag, but even when I did that, once I published it seemed to come back, as could be seen in view source.
I'll be interested to know if anyone has the answer. BTW your site looks good.

Re: Why is there 2 doctypes here?

I am just using bravenets editor in file manager. I dont really like those editors, just another program for me to figure out. lol. I dont think anyone knows the answer to this one, ehe. I dont think it effects your site in any way, just makes your code look ugly when you view source. And your probably right, it is probably the add, I didnt think about that. Thanks for the compliment on my site. Sign my guestbook! lol