This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
how to make html based website????

i wanna control everything on my site n i m good at html but i don get how i can use html on bravenet so can someone plz tell me dat

like where shud i go n stuff cuz i cudnt find it

Re: how to make html based website????

If you want to hand code your own html you can do that on your PC using any text editor. With Windows you will have Notepad installed and that is perfectly adequate although there are better ones that can be downloaded.

Create your html files and then log in to your account and upload with File Manager or the Java Applet.

If you want to write your pages in HTML, you might want to try downloading HTML-Kit. This is a free text based web page design editor and it has built in upload capabilities. You can create and test all your pages on your local PC, and then just upload the changes. This avoids all the annoyances of the on line editors.

You should get an FTP Upload Program and make your pages on your computer using Front Page or some other HTML WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor)
Email me if you would like help.

Coffee Cup free FTP Uploader is awesome. Just make the pages and copy the whole shebang over!!!

Browser: Bradlovesbonnie@hotmail.com,3

Re: Re: how to make html based website????

yo dude, hopefully this'll trigger an email to you. i would like to get into html programming etc. i've registered for the free bag with bravehost but don't wish to use their default templates. i'd like to go with it myself, but i don't know the login address for the ftp upload etc. i have searched as best i can through the website here but getting lost. have a website http://deadbydawnclan.bravehost.com using their template just to test but would like to redo it all as i said above. could you please give me me a nitrous Ox' boost into it? would be much appreciated :D
cheers ta

Try this link to my Using FTP help page. It tells you where to find your FTP information and how to configure several different design packages to upload your site automatically.

To edit your template you can use just about any web page design package you like. If you don't like your current template, there are plenty of free ones available on the net. There shouldn't be any problems getting them to work on a Bravenet site. To get away from desiging on-line, try some of the following links:

Nvu.com - Mozilla based Free site designer.

Netscape.com - Composer available with full download.

WebEasy.com - Limited free version available through the Download link.

CoffeeCup.com - Nice, low cost, web design packages.

HTML-Kit - Free text based web page editor. Great if you want to learn a little HTML.

IrfanView.com - Good free graphic editor. Built in thumbnail generator.

Mark, Sorry about the emial thing.

As far as html and coding, there are several great web design programs out there.

I myself use front page. As for not getting back to you right away, I was at work.

My reccomendation for free website templates is
http://www.createafreewebsite.net/template_pck2/default.htm
Check this site out and pick a template and I will help you with getting info on it. How does that sound?

I think that martin has a great point with the software. I use the free version of coffee cup myself. And I think that you would be better to make it or update it and then upload.

Sorry about not getting back to you earlier.

Cool?

Browser: Bradlovesbonnie@hotmail.com