This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Menus

Can anyone look at the properties on the index page of this new site and tell me what lines I need to adjust to make the menu font larger?

I changed the font size and it didn't improve the menu... I think I also have to change the space allowed, but I don't know what to change or what to change it to to get a size 3/12 font on my menu (As you might guess from the name of the site, old people - people my age - will be looking at this site, and need the larger print to read)

www.vfwpost3057.org

Thanks, Rea

Re: Menus

Hi Rea,

I made a copy of your front page and tried a few things. I assume that you are talking about the menu at the bottom of the page, and not the main menu at top, but I messed with both of them. It's never a good idea to try and use a tag on a link, because there is a default link style that tends to over ride the font setting.

As best possible, you should always rely on styles. If you don't have one that suites your needs, make one up. They are really pretty simple to create. Then you can simply use a "class" setting to define the look and feel of your link structure. You can make these changes apply globaly or locally. A lot is this is very involved and would require a lot of explanation, so, I have made a test page and put it on my site. It is a copy of your front page, but with my changes. You can easily view the source code by using the "View" -- "Source". I left all your original code in there so you can see my changes.

If there is something in there that you don't understand, let me know and I will go into greater detail. The link to the test page is VFW POST 3057. Note that I removed your hit counter. It causes me a problem locally.