This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
email button code

i have a mail logo on my home page, but i need the code that when they click on it, it opens up their email page and put my email addy in it...anyone know what i am talkin about? i have it now to where you click on it and it takes you back to the webpage. I want a button to click on where they can email me! :)

Re: email button code

I am having the same problem with my button for my message board you click on the message board button and it goes right into my email any help with right code

suz, all you got to do is a mailto: link and when they click on the button it will open their mail client to mail to you. something like this:

Kelly, go to your actual message board. Highlight the url in the address bar and hit ctrl+C. Then go into your html editor find your link to your forum and replace the address there with the one you just copied. Use ctrl+v to paste. Dont forget to save.

Thank you soooo much for you help!!! it worked greatly!

no problem, glad I could help.

There are two issues here, not related to each other. First,

Kelly Ray,

This sounds like the code for your message board has been altered. This is a common problem with users with Yahoo email addresses. The copy-paste code that Bravenet sends, gets altered by the email host. You may not have a Yahoo address but the problem is the same. To get the correct copy-paste code, go to your message board service manager and follow the link that says "copy paste code". This will have the correct code, without the link to your email.

Suzkornfan,

The email link that John listed is correct. It will pop up a email form with your address in it. However, unless you, and all of your site visitors, have a fully configured email client on their local PCs, it will never go anywhere. It may look like it is being send, but it will return in a few days, listed as undeliverable. Pretty much, if you need a web browser to send and receive your email, a "mailto:" link is a waste of time.

If you want all of your visitors to be able to send you email, look into something like Bravenet's
Email Forms service. This will allow any visitor to send email directly to you, without the need to display your email address to a world of spammers. If you don't like Bravenet's service, there are many others out there offering the same free service.