This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Posting HTML code only displays "Code" not results

when I paste the HTML code into my webpage , all that shows up when I preview the page is the "HTML" itself on the page, not "what" the HTML is suppose to do. I am using frontpage and I am adding the HTML code into the page while it is converted to HTML. I then hit "preview" and only see my HTML code on my finished page. What am I doing wrong?

Re: Posting HTML code only displays "Code" not results

You haven't told us what editor you are using, it could be any one of hundreds. I am going to assume that you are using a proper web page builder and not using the "save as html" option in a word processor.

What you have done is insert the code in such a way that the editor thinks you want to quote it as an example rather than use it.

Somewhere there should be an option to give you access to the underlying html code. Use this to paste directly into the html. As you have given us no detail you will need to use the vendor's manual or on-line help to find this.

Re: Re: Posting HTML code only displays "Code" not results

I am using "frontpage" (which I have stated) and it allows you to "convert" your page to html where you can directly "paste" in the code. Then, you "preview" the page in "normal" mode. This is where I see the normal page with all of my previous text and graphics sporting a paragraph or two of "HTML" code right in the middle of it.

never mind

I am curious about why a box fan starts out on "high", then goes to "medium", and then, "slow", instead of, "slow", "medium", and then "high"?

alphabetical, or this, "(CNN) -- An unusual alignment this week of eight major bodies in the solar system, including Earth....."

maybe you should do this, perform a series of astronomical calculations, comparing the gravitational effects of this event to dozens of similar ones over the past centuries...(pertaining to fans that is)

i would get right on it, but i'm painting my nails...