This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I NEED HTML HELP BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK ANYMORE!!!

Ok, I'm at a total loss right now. I am trying to creat an order form for my webpage where the person doesn't have to enter their payment information and will be billed later. I have everything else done except the product part.

I'm basically trying to create an order form but don't know the formula to set up the table and the subtotals, etc. I've exhausted all my knowledge of HTML, which isn't very much and I'm crashing. SOmeone help me.

Re: I NEED HTML HELP BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK ANYMORE!!!

dude go to www.mycontactform.com....nay i need say nothign more.....................shut up.

Re: I NEED HTML HELP BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK ANYMORE!!!

rfowler25,

www.mycontactform.com is fine, for initially creating a contact form, but has no utility to create a order form. And you have most everything set up anyway. You are going to need a little bit more than just HTML to make a order form to manipulate numbers. Your going to need to add Javascript.

Try this link to a test form I made for someone else. The form is simple, but has several interesting features. The order form table is created dynamically with Javascript. You just define the products your offering and how big it should be. The script does the rest.

You only need to select the product and quantity, and the rest is filled in. I put in the ability to add special state taxes. There is no checking in the Bill To/Ship To sections, but that's not very useful. You can only check if there was something entered in the right format. You can't validate that it's correct or useful.

If you use your right mouse button, you can view the source code and save it to disk. It may take a little while to figure out what everything does, but you may be able to work with it to get what you want. This is not the only way you can do order forms. You can have the user enter everything manually, and then just do extended prices, subtotals, and totals. The exact implimentation depends on your own needs.

Be careful with order forms. They will necessarily try to return lots of data items. The test form, as it stands, will try to return 42 items. The Bravenet free email forms service will only allow 30 items. The rest will simply be thrown away. Their Pro service only extends this to 100 items.