This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
video clip on web page?

I want to put a movie clip on my home page. How do I do this? I don't want just a link to the clip. I would like the clip to begin running in a small section in the middle of my page when the page is accessed.

Re: video clip on web page?

Never mind what you want, you link to it.

If this is a page for your own personal use only, keep it on your computer. If you want visitors, any sort of videoclip is going to be very offensive to visitors on dial-up who think they are just going to a webpage, not downloading some huge file.

NO THIS NOT A PERSONAL WEBSITE. IT IS FOR A BUSINESS AND I WOULD LIKE FOR PEOPLE TO SEE MY PRODUCT WORKING. SO NO IT WOULD NOT BE OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!! IF I KNEW HOW TO DO THIS I WOULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow calm down...

If I may say so, you should buy an HTML book.

Sigh....

"offensive" did not refer to your video's content, but to the way you want to present it.

Yes, I realize you are new to this, otherwise you would not have asked for help. Perhaps you are more familiar with printed promotional material? Suppose you have two kinds: A one leaflet, and a 48 page booklet detailing every technical aspect of your product.

Now try grabbing potential customers by the scruff of their necks and don't let them go until they have read every one of the 48 pages. See how many are willing to buy after that.

Anything worth calling a video is far more than people will be expecting when clicking a link. What do you do when you try to go to a page and it just keeps saying "loading, loading, loading, loading...."? You hit the backbutton, right? Unless you have cancer and you believe the product in question to be the only cure.

Link to the video, telling people what to expect.

OMG!

You really did it, didn't you. I tried going to your site. I waited for well over a minute downloading at 180 kb/sec before I gave up.

My ISP offers 5 different kinds of broadband, cable connection. I have no 5, with speeds about 16 times stage 1.

When I was using a modem, I would consider 3 kb/sec a good speed. In those days it would take me at least an hour going to your page.

you could embed a video player in teh page like i did on mine. I did a video of the week thing but the player size can be changed in the code, I made it samll to fit in the small devider thing