This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help! How to ad metatags by the wizard?

How may I add metatags to my website by the Bravehost wizard editor. I want it done in such a way that it will have a certain permanacy.

That way the metatags will not be erased everytime I use the file manager and then go back to the wizard.

Browser: ,4

Re: Help! How to ad metatags by the wizard?

when using wizard, you can cerate meta tags using "website details"
fill the details there...

rk
-----
StopSmoking

"rk" is correct, but only if you are using a Website Wizard layout. There are two Wizards. The Blue Wizard is layout based and the Red Wizard is theme based. The Blue Wizard, which is what "rk" is using, has a "website details" link where you can create Author, Description, and Keyword Meta tags. This is nice because they are automatically inserted in the structure for each of your pages. The Red Wizard, which has much nicer themes, does not have that capability. Meta tags are not as useful as they use to be, but since people still use them, it might be a good idea to put a suggestion to Bravenet to make the Meta tag capability the same for both Wizards. Contrary to popular belief, they do read and consider your suggestions.

In the mean time, you can probably just insert the Meta tags into the main content area of your web pages. The Meta tag code will not show on the screen, but should be just a useful. The only problem you will have is trying to remember that it's there. Because it will only show up when you view the code, it can easily be deleted without knowing it.

thank you martin,
i was thinking only about the wizard that i was using!!
thank you for informing me of the other

rk
---
GameCheats