This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Java Scripts

Hi, i've been trying to add some Java Scripts but failed.

I'm using Bravenet website Wizards & put the java scripts in the code editor box, but like i said it failed.

1- Can i use Java scripts?

2- If not, is there a way to convert them into HTMLs?

2b- Or get similar scripts(HTML or something else) supported by Bravenet?

Thanks for any reply

Re: Java Scripts

Try this link to my Website Wizard help page. The last item covers using Javascript with the Website Wizard. If you continue to have problems, put the Javascript on a test page and give us the URL. Otherwise we won't be able to give you a good answer.

Thanks for the link, your site is very informative & helpful.

I know why now i can't use some of my codes/scripts, i don't have access to the & Tags in the Wizard Editor.

You mention that there is a way to use codes/scripts without the & Tags in the Wizard Editor, how?(that is if i understund correctly)

Also, can i edit my site without the Wizard Editor(or a web editor like dreamweaver...)?

Thanks in advance

Re: Re: Java Scripts

Bravenet support your using whatever web browser you prefer. Dreamweaver is a billion percent better choice than the Wizard. The wizard is there to allow novices to quickly create a handful of basic web pages using a fixed layout. Dreamweaver is a proper editor.

Create your pages in Dreamweaver and test them on your own computer then upload them to your site.

I know Stephen, but like i said, i don't have any web editor...

What are my options now?

hello,
actually i have pasted jave script in code editor for a pop up and it worked for me. ( i am not using the code now)
i think, you need to check the code once again.
and verify again

FurioKotor,

Yes, Dreamweaver may be a proper editor, but at $400 a pop, it's not likely to find it's way to my PC. I have tried the free trial version. It does work nice and seems to be well worth the price. But personally I don't need everything it does.

You make your own options. If you stick with the Website Wizard, they are very limited. There are lots of free/low cost web page design packages available on the internet. At the end of this posting is a list of a few. They all contain a built in upload capability for updating your web site. A local web page design setup means that you are free to develop off-line, and always have a local copy of your web site. This is useful if you ever decide to change web hosts.

You seem to have a lot of pages, but it is possible to download all of your pages to your local hard drive, and then edit them there. This will relieve you of the limitations and restriction of the Website Wizard, but it may also mean more work. No longer will new pages be automatically added to your site and navigation menu. You will have to manage that yourself. But you will have far more freedom in designing your pages.

Or better yet, you could simply build a whole new web site on your PC, using a nice template or your own layout, using a web page design package. Most data from a web site is in the form of text, images, and links. So it would not be too difficult to copy/paste everything to your new design. When your done, you can use the built in upload capabilities to put your new web pages on your web site. There are a lot of nice features built into the web page design packages, to help you with your setup.

This will not change anything you created in the Website Wizard. That data base will still be there if you need it. Just be careful to NOT go back to the Wizard and use the "publish website" option. That option is strictly for your Wizard creation and is not useful for anything else.

Try some of the following links:

Nvu.com - Mozilla based Free site designer.

Netscape.com - Composer available with full download.

WebEasy.com - Limited free version available through the Download link.

CoffeeCup.com - Nice, low cost, web design packages.

HTML-Kit - Free text based web page editor. Great if you want to learn a little HTML.

IrfanView.com - Good free graphic editor. Built in thumbnail generator.

Martin,
Thanks alot, i'm gonna try to learn my way through HTML(i've already started), it seems to be my best option right now for many reasons.

I've discovered that with Scripts & codes i can add alot more to my website & considering that in less than a year, i already have over 35 000 hits on my site, i think its an happy success(modest, but none the less still a success)& i think its time to enhance & freshned up the whole thing.

You've been more than helpful(i hope that i can request your very needed help again?)Thanks & happy holidays.