This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
thumb nailing. How does it work, and can i do it at the bravenet site?

Just wondering.
Is it realy hard, ore can I learn it fast?

Re: thumb nailing. How does it work, and can i do it at the bravenet site?

There isn't too difficult to understand. You start out with a group of large images. You then use a graphic editor to create smaller "thumbnail" images, under slightly different names. On your web page, you specify the "thumbnail" image for display, but then wrap a link around it so that it will display the large image, when the link is clicked on.

You can get a good free graphic editor, that has a built in thumbnail generator, if you go to IrfanView.com. You can point IrfanView at a folder full of images and create an web page with thumbnail images that connect to larger image. Once the page is created, you can modify the HTML to your liking and then upload everything to your web site. Nothing comes easy, so it will probably take a little work to figure it out, but once you do, you can generate image galleries very quickly.

thank you,
i too have been looking for some information about this topic

is the code i used to do it. I just stored large and small images in photobucket.com

anybody know how to make thumbnails that open new windows?

Browser: resilience10@hotmail.com,3

The code you were trying to post is below. You need to modify it slightly to prevent the forum from interpreting it.

You can add a target="_blank" attribute to open up a new window when the small image is clicked on. You may also want to add a border=0 attribute to the image tag to prevent the default border. For example:

target="_blank">border=0>

The "_blank" is a reserved keyword and will open a new window for each image selected, that contains that attribute. You can also use a named window. By using a unique name for the window, the first image clicked on will open a new window. But successive image clicks will open in that same window. This is often a little less annoying than a bunch of windows.

target="unique_window_name">border=0>