This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Css? HomeMade Content Box

ok, so i made a content box for my site. but idk anything about css, or div.. i mean, im familiar with it but not real good. Well i modeled my box after the following link. And i was wondering how to put it up on my page as a content box, so i can just type text in there.
----
http://www.greycobra.com/tutorial/Glassy_Website_Layout_Part_3/

Re: Css? HomeMade Content Box

Are you meaning the Adobe Photoshop tut one on content box?

Do you mean you want that to be your page template now, instead of the one you currently have? And want to know how that can be done?

Post back with more specifics....because its kinda vague now, i mean i can take a guess but...would be better if you told us exactly what you want..

Also what is the size of that? any info would be good, so ppl can help

Are you looking for something like this?

Type in content here:

-Are you meaning the Adobe Photoshop tut one on content box?
>-yes.

-Do you mean you want that to be your page template now, instead of the one you currently have? And want to know how that can be done?

>-Well i just want the content box to be on my page.. and be able to put stuff in it.. sort of like info and news

-Also what is the size of that? any info would be good, so ppl can help

>-135kbs, 400x250 72 res. *what i want to do is..i want to be able to make my 'user created' nav bars work.. not just by clicking the image..

but more so it hi lites when clicked also.(ie.. banner of images, and each 1 its own link when clicked.) i hope this is better info..

Sounds like a scrolling iframe may be what your looking for?

Instead of trying to explain how to do that see here:
Just customize to your specs
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/iframe-scroller.htm

I would think, if its smaller then your actual page,you could add it to an existing page....BUT, I don't know the code, (only read the very beginning description)..just be careful that it doesn't duplicate other codes already on board.....like head, body, div, etc...

I would try it, and if it doesnt work.....delete it..no harm done then...

As for the nav....not quite sure what you mean...looks like Larry did though

btw, Missy and Usher are from where i am...his hs school was/is our rival..

After re-reading it...do you mean CSS pop ups? and as for making banners links..you just need the code for an image link..here it is..(if thats what you mean)

image/banner will show here

Your better off listening to slackerbabe here. I have no frickin idea whats going on.

Yes, CSS.. i think i need to learn that. But what i am trying to do is when you go to my website, Have a banner there with multiple images on it. When u hover over 'missy' her image lites up and u can go to her page..(on click, of course) and the image to change agian when u click on another persons image. But thier images all in one banner. You know what i mean?

Yep, I know exactly what you mean....I just don't know how to do that...

I'm sure it's possible, because if you think about it, thats how a nav menu works..

hopefully someone else will know...

and i meant Pharrell, not Usher thats from Va Beach

try this link...i know its not exactly what you want, but maybe in reading it, you can get some info on what you want to do...

css popups demo

run your mouse over the nav menu...i know it can be done with images too....

Yess, i guess. But where is the full html for it? he only says 'like in line three.. and shows that lil bit' i want to copy that whole html tag and try it.

Thnx for 'understanding' ..lol