This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
< h e a d >

How can I add something in the < h e a d >?
(with a bravenet account)
--Because I can only change my 4 cases...

(sorry for the spaces in head but if it hasn't, it won't work)

Browser: samuelrondeau91@hotmail.com,3

Re: < h e a d >

Using Bravehost does not restrict access to the code but some editors do. Give us some detail about which editor you are using and what you want to put into the head section of your page and somebody can give some useful advice.

The Website Wizard does not give you access to the structure of your web pages. But, depending on what you are trying to add, it may be possible to add it directly to one of your content areas. It usually takes a little editing, but most JavaScript programs can be made to work within the Website Wizard. Although, sometimes, it's just no worth the trouble. Let us know a little big more about what your trying to do.

I too have this problem, none of the search engines are finding my page, and I understand that I need to add a meta tag into the
How????????

if you are using website wizard
i think you cant access head
i thnk you are worrying about meta tags
just fill details in website details

RHONDA,

If you are using one of the Website Wizard layouts (Blue Wizard), you should have a "website details" link. The text entry fields in that area generate meta tags for your web pages. But, if you are using one of the Website Wizard themes (Red Wizard) there is no link and no access to the structure to insert them.

If you are designing any other way, you should be able to use the "Meta Tag Generator", available in the "mini tools", to create your meta tags and insert them into your web pages. Then make sure you submit your site to one, or more, of the search engines.

But none of this is going to give you instant recognition on the search engines. When you submit your site to a search engine, they tell you up front that, it may take months before your site starts turning up in searches. You go on a list of sites to be indexed, and your indexed whenever they get to you. Be careful and be patient. If you submit too many times, they put you on a list of spammers and ignore your site. Meta tags sometimes help, but search engines are using them less and less lately. If you do use them, make sure that all of your keywords are included in your web page content.

Even if you do nothing, the search engines will get around to indexing your web site. It just may take a little longer.

Thanks!
I'just have to hang in there I guess!

But they do work evidently, I put the meta tags in for one of my sites and it was indexed on Google within ten days..probably just got lucky and did it before a google bot crawl but was rather pleased to find it on a search.