This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with JPG images~Please!

I hope someone can help I am new at creating a web site and I keep reading everyones posts on images and I keep trying what everyone suggests, but it hasn't seemed to help.
My question is: why can't any one but me see my JPG images? I have the pictures uploaded on bravenets photo gallery, I have used the img src="my image.jpg" with "<" at the beginning and and "a" enclosed in "<>" at the end. (I couldn't get it to show the hmlt if I wrote it properly) of course using the url that bravenet supplies and still I'm the only one that can see the Pictures!
I have even tryed using the visual editer on the wizard, but I can't seem to get that to work for me either.
Some one please help me! I'm beginning to feel hopeless!
Thanks Lynn

Re: Help with JPG images~Please!

ok, if I understood properly ~ I don't have to use the http: stuff that is under my pictures in my gallery? just put in the .jpg name that is in my gallery?
And then you mentioned something about doing something correctly on some of the other pictures. Please explain? I'm usually not this thick but I'm starting to think that I'll never get this!
Thanks again
Lynn

Re: Re: Help with JPG images~Please!

If you are linking to pictures in a Bravenet Photo Center then you need the full url including http://

If the pictures are uploaded to your web site then just the file name (or folder plus file name if you use a separate folder) is sufficient.

alright, this may sound like a dumb question, but how do I upload them to a file on my site so I can access them?
again~thanks

You can make a new file...name it 'images', or like in my case I had a file already named 'theme_images' that came with my template.....I just uploaded the pics off my comp...(click where it says browse)...into that file....(you must have the file opened that you are going to upload into)

Look at the file name, (your pic), carefully after uploading...you have the option to rename, which i did because upon uploading, it capitalized JPG..plus its easier to have a short name w/o underscores...

If,(after uploading to the 'theme_images' file), I wanted to add the pic, 'flower.jpg' to my website, I would need to name the file name that its in too....

ex: theme_images/flower.jpg

I just recently did this on another site...and was surprised at how easy it was..I'm use to using an off site to host my pics...but this really eliminates that 'third' man so to say...