This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Message Board URL help!! Please, please, please help! I am pulling my hair out!

Message Board URL FRUSTRATION!! Can anyone help please?

I've been submitting support tickets and just getting conflicting responses. Can anyone help please...

My URL is www.printpetcoupons.com

The link to the message board is top right (little barking dog).

I'm trying to wrap the forum around a frame (I think that's the expression) so that the URL that shows in the address bar is a printpetcoupons URL - not bravenet.

I've been told by Katy in support to add certain code she gave me to a blank page in Front Page. The code was added correctly to the HTML section of the page. That is for sure. The result...www.printpetcoupons.com/petforum.htm, which is nothing but a blank page with the code showing...obviously not correct.

Another suggestion from Katy was to go the the forum itself, go to view source and copy and paste that code into a blank page in Front Page, which looked great except you couldn't post or read posts because everything was pointing to my site and the forum is hosted by bravenet.

I was also told to change the URL link attached to the barking dog on my index page to the bravenet URL, while keeping the HTML code to the forum on one of my Front Page pages...but if you clicked the link to the forum you got to the bravenet page.....HELP!!

I am trying to do 2 simple things:

1) When someone is on the index page of my site and clicks on the barking dog to get to the forum, I want the URL they see to be a print pet coupons URL.

2) When someone is on the index page of my site and places their mouse on the barking dog, I want the URL that pops up in the lower left corner of my browser to also be a print pet coupons URL.

If #2 is not possible, can the URL tag be deleted?

I was told by bravenet support this can be done, but every post they send me has conflicting instructions and none of them have worked.

I like the forum itself and would like to keep it.

I paid for this service for a year. Does anyone know the refund policy?

Thank you,
Laura
Email: chat@printpetcoupons.com

Website URL http://www.printpetcoupons.com

Re: Message Board URL help!! Please, please, please help! I am pulling my hair out!

I did it !!! I did it !!! I did it !!! I did it !!!

I am so excited !!!

If anyone else needs help with this, please email me.

Finally, there were instructions in the FAQ section of the forum that gave info on how to do this. But the instructions were incomplete, in that it didn't mention changing the URL on the barking dog link, but I figured that part out.

For all Front Page users: I copied and pasted the code in the FAQ instructions into a blank Front Page page....as instructed, but Front Page distorted the code as soon as I pasted it in.

So letter by letter I changed it to match the instructions and it saved properly.

Then, I figured out what to change the barking dog link to, and it works!!!!

I am so excited and will gladly help anyone who needs help with this issue.

Thanks for listening.

Now, when you go to my index page and place the mouse on the barking dog link, the URL is mine and when you get to the forum the URL is mine also...I am going to submit a thank you to support now.

Happy Holidays to all,
Laura

Re: Message Board URL help!! Please, please, please help! I am pulling my hair out!

Laura,Ijust started trying to put a message board on my web site.#1 does it have to be on its own page.#2 I copyed and pasted the code they sent but all I have is the code showing on my site can you get me headed in the right direction.I am a newbe at all this.Thanks

Steve