This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Drop Down Menus-Can I put code in my CSS?

I have added drop down menus on my index page and want to add them to the other pages of my site.

I am wondering if any of the VERY LONG script which needs to be in the section could be put into the CSS file that I already have for the whole site?

Thanks If you know how to help me.

Anna

Re: Drop Down Menus-Can I put code in my CSS?

If you have a common javascript then put it in a .js file.

I use these in several places across my site where I want to display something consistently across a number of pages.

Peter,
That is what I would like to do. Right now I have the drop down menu on my index.html.

So is there a manual or someplace I can find the instructions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Anna

Hi Anna,

You don't need a manual to figure this out. As Peter is saying, you use the same method that you use to source a common style sheet on all your pages. You just use a

Note the source references in each of the listings. Most of my web pages are down several directory levels, but I keep all the scripts, except for the page specific ones, in a common area. All of the pages simply use relative links to access everything. This way I don't need multiple copies and can still keep my site neatened up. There are multiple "lib_?.js" files because they contain different groups of functions, and it's easier to keep them separate.