This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The counter codes don't work..... where did my counter go??

Hi ya'll. I used to have a counter in my website (MSN group) but it did not work for a while and I guess those people are no longer in business... so I turned to you to put a new counter, but when I proceeded to create it, alas, the counter does not work. Maybe MSN does not support java?? (I'm a newbie so be gentle!). Can you please help me?? THANKS!!!

Browser: msn

Re: The counter codes don't work..... where did my counter go??

The Bravenet copy-paste code for the counter is Javascript. If MSN does not allow Javascript, then your out of luck. IMHO, get a web host that doesn't limit you so much.

You are correct: MSN does not support JavaScript the way you need in order to allow a Bravenet counter to work.

I did a Google search and found this site:

http://www.statcounter.com/

I understand that they have two types of counters: HTML Only, and JavaScript. If you select the HTML Only option, the counter will not be able to collect some of the stats, but it will work on MSN.

If you look around the statcounter.com site, you will find a set of forums, where you can discuss what you want to do with other users, or just check thru past posts to make sure you understand what the counter can do.

Dear Sherlock,

You are most helpful! I checked out that website and it worked out like a charm. I must tell you, I very much appreciate your willingness to help.

Patricia

Browser: msn

Good call, Sherlock. I switched to Statcounter several months ago; works like a charm and no advertising. Far superior to the Bravenet counter--small, unobtrusive, and stats are not available for viewing by the entire world as is B/N.

Re: Re: The counter codes don't work..... where did my counter go??

Hello,
I am just a novice at adding a statcounter on my website. Can you please help me, when I did place it and clicked on the code it came up on another page, where do I incert the code so it will come up on my page. Thank you for any help that you can give me.

Brian

Sorry, but I've tried to think of any way that could possibly happen. Maybe something weird with your editor or webhost. But the only thing I can come up with is a mistake on your part. You thought you were editing page A, when you were really editing page B.

If you are absolutely convinced otherwise, please tell us more.

place the code in the code editor of whatever page and wherever yu want it to appear.