This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
what is the code to ask visitors to email me giving my email id?

hello,
can you please tell me
what is the code to ask visitors to email me, giving my email id?
i mean, by clicking on that, they may access their yahoo compose, or microsoft outlook etc...

thank you,
kareti
href="http://www.pocker.bravehost.com">aaaaaaaaaaa

Re: what is the code to ask visitors to email me giving my email id?

SPAM ME

or if you don't want to receive lots of spam then use a form with the bravenet email forms service.

thank you,
the bravenet email form is clumsy
so i used the code as you wrote
thank you
kareti
aaaaaaaaa

Steven gave you the correct answer, but he was also inferring that, it is a poor idea to post your email address on your web site. It opens you up to every spambot on the internet. The email forms service helps eliminate that problem.

Using the "mailto" link also gives you another problem. Unless your visitors have email clients configured on their local computers, they won't be able to send you email anyway. If they only have some kind of web mail, like yahoo or hotmail, the link is useless. They would have to extract your address from the link and paste it into their own email page. Is that any less clumsy than a email form service.

If you don't like Bravenet's email form service, and I can't blame you for that, you might try the same service from other providers. Take a look at this posting on the Web Hosting Forum with the subject of Help w/ email forms. In the last posting by me, I list several other email form providers.