This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How do I use this anchor properly?

I want to be able to link down the webpage but i'm not sure how to do it properly. Can anyone help? I'm fairly sure I should start

< a name="

but then I get stuck.

Re: How do I use this anchor properly?

You're almost there!

Click Here

So, for example, if I wanted to link to ESPN.com, I'd have this...

ESPN

well that didn't work huh?! It took my HTML, and didn't let you show the tag... Wait a minute and I'll think of how I can do this...

Ok, my example is, I'm trying to link to ESPN.com. So, go ahead and use the tag that you already had used, and add this to it. Where I have the ESPN address, you'd put the address of what you want to link. And where I put 'ESPN', is where you'd put "Click Here" or "Click to See My Page" or what not. I hope I helped. Sorry that it was so confusing.

"http://www.espn.com">ESPN

one more thing...

it's not

It's
Bravenet.jQuery(function(){ var emojiConvert = new EmojiConvertor(); emojiConvert.img_set = 'emojione'; emojiConvert.img_sets.emojione.sheet = 'https://apps.bravenet.com/css/sheets/sheet_emojione_64_indexed_128.png'; emojiConvert.allow_native = false; emojiConvert.use_sheet = true; emojiConvert.init_env(); Bravenet.jQuery('.bn-forum-threads-post-comment').each(function() { var replaced = emojiConvert.replace_colons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); replaced = emojiConvert.replace_emoticons(Bravenet.jQuery(this).html()); Bravenet.jQuery(this).html(replaced); }); });

go to Google and type in HTML link code or something like that. It'll come up with websites that show you. I can show you, but this freaking forum sucks. Sorry.

PART 1: To NAME some text do this:

Some Text Is Here

If the text is already a clickable link, just add the NAME:

Here is an example for a NAME in clickable text:

Whatever Text Is Here

PART 2: A simple anchor created with the NAME you have assigned to your text or image will take you to that part of the page.

Here are examples of a text with the NAME we have used, "sample".

Note: Be sure to use the # in your code, or it WILL NOT WORK !

Here is an example for text:
Some Text Here

I got that info. from this site it explains how to link within a page:

Internal Link Draac.com

Matt, heres how to post code so that it shows....

To Show Links:

Replace the lesser then tag, < , with &lt;

(ampersand, lt, semi-colon)

CSS:
in {visibility:hidden;} add the in the middle of visibility..that way the word 'visibility' will show

html in a scroll menu:

Hope this helps

Thank you!