This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PHP???

Working on a site for a friend, and would like to know if PHP is supported here. I'd like to use PHP includes, actually, need to be able to use them...

Can someone let me know if it's supported or not?

Thanks!
~Wolfie~

Re: PHP???

PHP is supported, to some extent, on the Premium Hosting Package.

"To some extent"?
Ok, that is scary. LOL

As far as I know the account is not a premium account...but if PHP isn't fully supported, then why is it available at all? Hmm... Drats!

Thanks!

~Wolfie~

I have a PHPBb forum and it is supported. Bravenet did Upgrade the Version of Php (servers side stuff) about a months ago to 5.0.5 and at that time many of us with the PhpBb forums were in a bunch of truoble due to the fact that the BB code has not been upgraded. Some of us were able to work arounds but Bravenet backed off the upgrade for some time.

Bravenet WAS trying to offer the most recent PHP for users it was simply a matter that MANY users were not ready to upgrade!

I have had a PHP expert (well he does it for a living anyway) help when I needed the work around and HE said that PHP is WELL supported by my HOST. I gave him access and he had my Forum Fixed right away and was actually happy with the support he saw that I have with my HOST so much so that he is considering moving his webs to Bravenet....

php is supported on premium only. If you have a free site you do not have the php option. You will either need to upgrade or pass.
Yes to some extent. php is supported but htaccess is not. The reality is that without it you just cannot globally secure pages. You will need to do them individually but with a copy / paste. Shouldn't be a big deal.